A ‘Staycation’ is when you have a ‘vacation’ at home, instead of packing up and hitting the road for parts unknown.
< My Thoughts > Here are some of the things families have enjoyed at home on their ‘Staycation’ ~
Perfect skills. Check out Y-Tube for learning new skills ~
- Paint a pretend Picasso (great backyard activity)
- Write a short story (everyone writes a section)
- Create flower displays (or plant a small garden)
- Learn to ask for ice cream in several different languages (make your own ice cream)
- Plan a ‘family cookout’… or, order takeout from your favorite restaurant.
Make a list of things you would like to have at home or in the yard ~
- New TV
- Festive garden lights
Things to do ~
- Visit local tourist spots
- Try a nearby water park
- Watch a sunrise or sunset
- Adopt a shelter animal
- Set-up a scavenger hunt
- Have a ‘music’ event
- Make a special day for family member
- Make or buy a kite to fly
- Take a picnic to the park
- Design a meandering garden path
- Imagine where you will be in 5 years
- Plan a lunch & invite a favorite person
- Enjoy a home ‘dance party’
- Research family genealogy
- Make a ‘time capsule’
- Have Christmas in August
- Turn a footpath into a self-sufficent garden
- Use a pocket microscope to check-out your world
Set up an accessible, safe, monitored haven in your backyard where you can encourage outdoor play and development. Keep your family safe while having fun in your yard and making the best of memories. Eat outside while practicing needed skills for many of your child’s school and park experiences.
< My Thoughts > Most of all ~ relax the rules and focus on having fun!!!
Visit other BLOGs & topics on the MENU ~ www.sarasautismsite.com