- I will be going to school after being gone for a while. This will be a change for everyone.
- Instead of going to school online I will be learning in the classroom again.
- Some days, I may be doing both; going to school & learning online at home.
- This will be different, because I’ve been going to school at home.
- Even though it is different, I’m positive it will be okay.
- I will have classwork to do, a routine to follow.
- I’ve missed my teacher & friends, but I knew I’d see them again
- I will listen, follow the rules, I’ll be a helper.
- I will still be wearing a mask, social distancing, washing my hands, & having fun with it.
- I will have lots to tell my family about going back to school.
A social story about going back to school –
International Women’s Day –
On this day, we have named women who have been chosen, challenged, and committed to making a difference. My choice is a woman who has helped us to better understand Autism, Dr. Temple Grandin.
"Being touched triggered flight, it flipped my circuit breaker. I was overloaded and would have to escape, often by jerking away suddenly (from Temple Grandin, Thinking in Pictures).”
I invite you to watch her on –
Temple Grandin TED Talk YouTube
And, read her thoughts about how adults with autism can choose the perfect career –
Temple Grandin inspirations –
More about Dr. Grandin, and her references for finding the right career, in #Adult Autism, along with < My Thoughts >.
Just to let you know that I, Sara Luker, have put forth my best efforts in presenting interesting information about autism and to create the extended book reviews presented here on this website. I have permission from the authors to publish these Extended Book Reviews. This is just a sharing of stories of those who have gone on before you. Please, understand also that all health matters ALWAYS require professional medical decisions, diagnosis, and treatment by highly qualified and licensed individuals.