- I will be going to school after being gone for a while. This will be a change for everyone.
- Instead of going to school online I will be learning in the classroom again.
- Some days, I may be doing both; going to school & learning online at home.
- This will be different, because I’ve been going to school at home.
- Even though it is different, I’m positive it will be okay.
- I will have classwork to do, a routine to follow.
- I’ve missed my teacher & friends, but I knew I’d see them again
- I will listen, follow the rules, I’ll be a helper.
- I will still be wearing a mask, social distancing, washing my hands, & having fun with it.
- I will have lots to tell my family about going back to school.
A social story about going back to school –
International Women’s Day –
On this day, we have named women who have been chosen, challenged, and committed to making a difference. My choice is a woman who has helped us to better understand Autism, Dr. Temple Grandin.
"Being touched triggered flight, it flipped my circuit breaker. I was overloaded and would have to escape, often by jerking away suddenly (from Temple Grandin, Thinking in Pictures).”
I invite you to watch her on –
Temple Grandin TED Talk YouTube
And, read her thoughts about how adults with autism can choose the perfect career –
Temple Grandin inspirations –
More about Dr. Grandin, and her references for finding the right career, in #Adult Autism, along with < My Thoughts >.